Caprese Chicken Skillet
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of Sparta Olive Oil
- 1 can of Petti Pelati Peeled tomatoes (400g)
- 1 can of Petti Polpa a Pezzettoni chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
Calories per serving: Approximately 350 calories
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 4
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, pour in the Petti Pelati and chopped tomatoes. Add the balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, and dried basil. Stir well to combine.
- Return the chicken breasts to the skillet, nestling them into the sauce. Cover the skillet and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Place a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of each chicken breast. Cover again and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves before serving.
- You can serve this Caprese Chicken Skillet with a side of pasta, rice, or a fresh green salad.
- If you prefer a thicker sauce, you can remove the chicken breasts from the skillet once cooked and simmer the sauce uncovered for a few more minutes to reduce and thicken it.