Pomodoro Perfection Pasta
- 1 can of Petti Pelati tomatoes
- 300g Pasta Toscana Linguine pasta
- 3 tablespoons of Sparta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional, for a bit of heat)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped, for garnish
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
Calories per serving: Approximately 350 calories
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 3-4
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes (if desired). Sauté for a minute or until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Pour in the can of Petti Pelati tomatoes, including the juice. Break the tomatoes apart with a spoon as they cook. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it thickens slightly.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss it gently in the sauce until well coated.
- Serve the Pomodoro Perfection Pasta hot, garnished with fresh chopped basil leaves and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese.
- If you prefer a smoother sauce, you can use a blender or food processor to puree the Petti Pelati tomatoes before adding them to the skillet.
- Feel free to add cooked meatballs, sautéed vegetables, or grilled chicken to the pasta for a heartier meal.
- For an extra burst of flavour, drizzle a little extra olive oil over the finished dish just before serving.