Spicy Arrabbiata Pasta
- 250g Pasta Toscana Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons of Sparta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (adjust to your spice preference)
- 1 can of Petti chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup of Petti Passata Extra fine tomato puree
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped, for garnish
Calories per serving: Approximately 400 calories
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Serving size: 2-3
- Cook the Toscana pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté until the garlic becomes fragrant and lightly golden.
- Pour in the Petti chopped tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer the sauce for about 15 minutes, allowing the flavours to meld together.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet and toss it in the spicy Arrabbiata sauce until well coated.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil leaves and serve the Spicy Arrabbiata Pasta hot.
- Make sure the pasta is cooked to the Tooth or al dente, Pasta can be substituted to any of the shapes and sizes.
- The recipe can be customized based on liking, can add in vegetables or meat based on the liking.
- Use extra virgin olive oil for authentic taste and healthier cooking.